- This event has passed.
Self Shooting Camera Skills with Indie Training Fund
Self-shooting camera skills 1: foundation is a one-day workshop that teaches you the practical skills you’ll need to start your career as a self-shooting camera operator. With advice from one of the UK’s leading directors of photography, Self-shooting camera skills 1: foundation provides the grounding required to understand how your camera works and how to use it on location to film shots that edit and tell your story. In addition to the theory, it’s a hands-on course with practical exercises using Canon XF305 and PXW-X200 cameras.
A grounding in how your camera works, what kit to use, pre-shoot checklists and then the basics of using the camera to realistically cover your scenes are all crucial tools with which you will be able to advance your shooting career.
Areas covered include:
- Getting you started; an introduction to a camera
- HD camera choice
- The lens: What is it? How does it work? What is an f-stop?
- Depth of Field – how can it be used to engage your viewer
- Colour temperature explained and how our brain reacts to colour and contrast
- The beginnings of observational shooting and working with contributors
- Logistics: downloading, rushes, battery charging
- Posture and holding the camera correctly
- Holding a shot long enough, panning smoothly
- Interviews, eyelines and tripods
- Checklists before you shoot
WHO IT’S FOR
- Course cost – £450
- Freelancer cost – £350
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least seven days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient enrolments. Read more about our terms and conditions.
To book your slot click here.